Thursday, December 2, 2010

Suburban Typography

Even though country clubs are not only found in suburbs, I thought this country club sign was a good example of suburban typography because of the font, texture, color and graphics. It seems like the type of sign you would find hidden in a lush garden area in the middle of a large forest off the main roads. It seems stately and quiet. I can picture quiet neighborhoods with large expensive homes leading up to the hidden entrance to this club. The graphic of the butterfly also makes me think of nature, confirming my idea that it is somewhere in the suburbs. This picture was taken from www.custom-mailboxes.com.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the treatment to the "M" and the way the "LU" overlap. The type has a rich and exclusive feel to it. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete